Currently watching Sleepers and I can’t stop thinking how great River Phoenix would been playing Michael (younger and older). Don’t get me wrong, Brad Pitt and Brad Renfro were great.
It’s other of the Pitt roles I would have wanted for him (along with Durden and the crazy one from 12 monkeys).
People River should have met (12): Erika Linder
She’s probably the only model that really deserves to be in my successors posts, a great gender!swap choice (thanks for allowing me to know her, I’m absolutely in love with her).
Yeah, a billion babies, but also a billion photoshoots together. Even movies: she’s chameleonic enough. Infinite possibilities :´)
THE SERIAL KILLER QUESTION/POLL
1) Thanks for answering :)
2) Yeah, I would also let him to kill me after a great night of innocence and purity xD
3) Vampire choice always welcome here. And in this case, as Lestat just kills when needed, I would say Poppy Z. Brite’s Zillah (more a “sport” thing).
4) Hohoho, Dahmer, yeah. Although we’re enhancing (in beauty) the boy uh? But yes, blondes, glasses factor… good choice! What a great sick bastard!
5) Billy Loomis rulezzz. I know there’s a couple of fans here too. The way he licks his fingers… ah.
Oh, God… how much I enjoy visualizing him in dark roles xD
Movies River should have done (22): a serial killer one
Before start screaming, please, read my reaons xD
- He was an amazing actor (for me: The Best). This kind of role is always a challenge for great actors. And he wanted to play a real bastard (Oscar luncheon quote), but hey, they never offered him this kind of role (probably because of his angel face, I suppose… with the exception of “A kiss before dying”, which he rejected several times ‘cause he
hated Levin was not sure about him in that role). I can imagine two kind of great bastards: a nazi (OK for me, I would have loved a WWII movie, kinda Fiennes type) and a serial killer. Well, an asshole boss can be a third type, but you know.
- I like him in not-so-good-boy roles. Yeah, I love him too in angel-ones (my top3 movies have angel characteres) but I also enjoy him being… not so good. It’s what I like in good actors in general and of him in particular: he was a chameleon, he could do EVERYTHING.
- This morning I’ve given Fassbender an imaginary biopic (Bundy). I have to do at least the same for him.
- Well, in fact I already did, in this “movies river should have done” entries (not saying which one, the spoilers, hahaha xD).
- I’m kinda fascinated by serial killers. No, I’m not one of those that write them (while in jail) or know all the facts about them. Hey, I respect this fascination too, but mine is more… functional one. I mean: I’m an engineer, that’s what we do, that’s why we became engineers: we like to know how things work. And things include brains. In the same way I’m fascinated by genius brains (as always, Riv, Reznor, Beethoven, Fincher, whatever) I’m fascinated by serial killers ones. What is exactly different in their fucking heads that makes them have no empathy? How they became that? Or some of them were like that since they were born? Those kind of questions. I understand the feeling of wanting to smash someone (we all have it sometimes), especially “in the heat of the moment” (anger, jealous, hate… those things) but these people are not like that, they don’t have a fury moment that ruins it all, they are just like that. They don’t have those morals that make the rest of us not killing people. They didn’t develop them, or learn them, or whatever. And they may even really need killing, like a ritual, like an addiction.
- He had angel eyes and devil eyebrows… that’s a dangerous combo, an advantage for a serial killer.
- And he was so pretty in orange, as Devo (caps from there). The “killer with the beautiful hair”, hahaha!
- Those are the pros. The contra factor: people, the man really became his characters. That would have been a problem, imagine: half cast killed xD (may I ask Davis here again?). In that case I suppose I would have become that type of women that write them while in jail xD
- And that’s all. I’m curious about that human behaviour, I love watching them in fiction (IRL better far away, hahaha) and I would have loved watching him playing one, fictional (young Hannibal type) or a real one (suggestions?)
- Hey no, that’s not all: hello hate!anon… now is when you prefer me to post about sex scenes instead about Phoenix playing a fucking delicious killer, uh? Ah, life… a matter of perspectives & reference levels.
Sugestions (RL serial killers choices for a biopic)?
Should I start posting again about sex & nipples?
Movies River should have done (21): Le Petit Prince & Ami
SBM Japan premiere look, or even younger… but yeah, that look, those eyes, that hair.
He was obscene (as I always say) but he had also that kind of purity too (the eternal “innocsexy” factor/contradiction).
- Ami: I read it being a child. He was young too. It was an instant thing in my head, as Lestat, as Daneel. Explorers’ fault probably too. That space blonde kid, full of good feelings, that tries to help & teach a human boy. Besides, he was vegan so… matching in my head! Everytime Ami said “ewww, dead cow” I imagined River saying that. Everytime Ami ate apricots, I visualized River eating apricots xD
- Le Petit Prince: I read it being an adult (at college). Weird, I know. I wanted to read before but I always skipped it. And then a class mate friend told me I was like the rose, and I love that friend (friendship ship, not dirty one) and the I read it. It was more difficult visualizing so much (as with Amy) since I saw then River as an adult (well, as a not-here-adult, meh). But I think he would have been perfect too: his innocence, his “always doing questions” mode… ah :´)
If you haven’t read them, I recommend you (even if you’re adults, they are great). If you have children, fore sure! Go and read to them, or buy to them!
Two paralell books, two paralell characters, both perfect for him… boy, two more imaginary movies for you.
Movies River should have done (16): Airbag USA remake
Allow me to be a little mean with him by saying he would have loved the concept of this movie (the ones that have watched it know why I’m saying it, the ones that don’t… go and watch!). Besides, he needed more (crazy) comedies. My choices:
Elejalde ==> Phoenix
San Juan ==> Reeves
Guillén Cuervo ==> Flea
Perfect team! Probably Kevin Smith directing xD
Really, imagine River telling that story: “I lost my wedding ring in the ass of a gorgeous whore and…” XXXD
Movies River should have done (15): Brave New World
Role: John the savage.
Director: Ridley Scott (he’s great at SciFi: Blade runner & Alien)
Reasons: John is lost between two worlds, primitive (Malpais) and modern one. I think he could have done amazingly since he lived a similar shock when he and his family come back to USA.
Well, you know I love SciFi. It’s my favourite genre and I can’t help thinking of him when I found great characters. I’ve already chosen him for Asimov’s Foundations (Daneel), Gibson’s Neuromancer (Molly in a gender swap) or even for being a replicant. Expect something of Orwell or Card too, for sure xD
You all know I don’t like “Jimmy Reardon” in a cinema/artistic sense: I can’t feel empathy for the character (yeah, I like assholes, but I’m more fond of James Wright type) and the movie is so failed than I don’t even know where to start xD
But… is the only Rio movie where we have sex scenes. Not whole ones, of course (he was too young) but there’s pretty material there.
I really think Phoenix deserved a film with Verhoeven, I don’t care if a good or a bad one, but that kind of sex on screen. Or one produced by Zalman King (yeah, a lot of “not good ones” there in artistic way too, but God knows I enjoy a lot that kind of eroti-trash, that soft-porn xD). Or more with Paul Schrader (“Cat people”). Or (even better) one with Cronenberg. He always makes sex scenes so sick and so… everything. Remember the one in the stairs in “A History of violence”.
He never had his personal “Shame” and I cry… meh. But well, I suppose “Jimmy Reardon” is the nearer thing to “Choke”, and I enjoy those things XD
BTW: Schrader did “The Mosquito Coast” screenplay, that explains a lot of things too ;-) (and a lot for Scorsese, “The last temptation of Christ” included… I want Schrader for my imaginary Young Jesus movie too xD)
Movies River should have done (14): Jesus, the younger years
WARNING: irreverent post, not towards Riv but to religion, so if you have problems with these things, PLEASE, skip this one! :)
I’m a fallen Catholic. Although I don’t believe Christ as a God, I’m quite fascinated by the historical figure (rebel, troubled, and although in those days he didn’t was SO young, yeah, another “gone too soon”) and I love religious imagery so:
- A movie about young Jesus (2x). More in the line of “The last temptation of Christ” than in the classic ones.
- Marty directing again (Riv always wanted to do something with him).
- Phoenix would be perfect: look, long hair, angel face… blahblahblah.
- Irreverent Jesus portrait, nearer to the man than the messiah (as that one I mentioned before). Rebelling against what is expected from him. His “things” with Magdalene and Judas (hey, the kiss is in the Bible). A lot of water turned into wine, hahaha (that’s in Bible), food restrictions (that’s in Bible too), visions/hallucinations (again in Bible too, probably because of starving or even drug use). That kind of stuff. Perfect, people, PERFECT. Let’s just pretend half of Bible is true: Jesus would be an amazing character, troubled, mental fights against himself, rebel, prophet, weird man, good one but also with anger when it’s necessary, always with his 12 guys… cat fights between Judas and Peter or Paul, slash!Bible overdose xD
- If Anne Rice read this post some day, probably she’ll go all wet: she wanted Phoenix as her Lestat, and she wrote Jesus books (I didn’t read them, but sure her Jesus is quite Lestat). You’re welcome, woman ;-)
Movies/TV shows River should have done (13): Star Trek cameo
For God’s sake, man you were Zefram Cochrane’s son and Wesley Crusher’s best friend, you were SO close to my beloved franchise, AH. Ideas:
- Zefram Cochrane’s son in STFC.
- My imaginary SBM ST AU.
- One of the pretty half-naked blondes in JusticeTNG episode.
- Even the fucking Kirk’s son in STII (you were so good at daddy issues).
Really, one of my dreams :´)