…aka that book where “Mr. Arroyo” is mentioned from page 4 and, oh, surprise for me, also an unexpected mention to “Tony”, the rock star from “Cream Spinanch”.
I’ll tell you when I finish it (I read slowly, even in Spanish, so imagine in English).
Pic from “Damned” (Chuck Palahniuk)
1) Emily asks later if Corey Haim is seeing anybody, LOL.
2) Of course you’re not dating him, my little Madison, he’s waiting for me! ;-)
"They’re here" ==> Poltergeist moment for Wolfgang (Phoenix worked after this one with Heather O’Rourke, LOL)
Phoenix vs Reznor (17): God is an American
This one is on caffeinatedmuggle since we both have Catholic upbringings/educations and we both love finding references everywhere.
I’m a fallen Catholic. I told this here a thousand times before but once again: maybe that’s the reason I like so much the religious imagery, everywhere, from modern art to Scorsese movies. And my “husbands” are not an exception.
River played with it just few times probably ‘cause he usually had a lot of respect with these things (and with everything). Just the pic right above, amazing one BTW: the pose, the hands, the face… he’s a modern Christ. So I have to find them in other places: MOPI (the obvious Pietà reference) or even his death (yeah, kinda self-sacrifice, kinda rebellion against his God… whatever it was).
Trent loves playing with it. He’s more irreverent and more critic. It’s curious ‘cause there are even debates on internet about if Reznor is a believer or not (because of his lyrics). For me it’s quite obvious he’s a fallen one too (hear "Terrible lie" or "Heresy") and he probably likes the aestethic because of this: his look in "The Perfect Drug" (between a bohemian dark magician and Jesus) or the "I’m afraid of Americans" one too (he’s there the son Travis Bickle and Christ never had, even carrying a cross), besides a lot of references more (lyrics, videoclips, Witkinspirations, the way he moves on stage… yeah, man, you’re Jesus Christ on ecstasy!).
Ah… how I love the “Jesus look”, on them and in others… you have no idea xD
I tell her to look me up once she arrives. By then I’ll probably be Mrs. River Phoenix, but we’ll make a bet.
—Chuck Palahniuk - “Damned”
Trivia: MOPI poster in "Tesis"
I love that scene :)~~
Wondering how many times Amenábar (re)watched MOPI. Probably as many as Palahniuk and me xD
In response, I tell her that I’m dating River Phoenix. And, if she can hurry up, quick, and die, word is that Heath Ledger isn’t dating anybody at the moment.
—Chuck Palahniuk - "Dammed"
THEMED PARTY 50 | Parallels | Narrator vs Mike Waters
Oh, I love this week themed party, love these things, yeah! I find:
- They are two of my favourite characters of two of my favourites movies.
- Sleeping issues: insomnia & narcolepsy, Narrator even mentions narcolepsy xD
- Weird cleaning moments, immaculate (im)perfection!
- Hugs with other guys.
- Travels. A lot. Planes. Buses. Taxis. Motorbikes.
- They smoke a lot (in a very pretty way xD). Make you wanna breathe smoke too.
- Great non-consummated homoerotic relationship with best friend until a woman (re)appears, and they can’t even sleep because of the couple sex noises xD Jealousy. And lot of suffering.
- Death of a great friend (in part caused by his other best friend).
- About the films: they are aesthetics references for 90s films, very original and recognizable ones even from the main titles, colours, cinematography, editing, clothes… I honestly don’t know how many times I’ve watched both (a lot, but it’s never enough).
…leaving here too ‘cause I love both.